Fire Alarm Technician
Safeway Fire and Protection Company is currently seeking entry and experienced fire alarm technicians to test, service and program EST Fire Alarm Systems within the New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
What you will do:
Receive service calls from service handlers, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions. Responsible for interaction with customer representative and determine equipment/systems problems. Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
How you will do it:
- Follow approved troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot many diverse manufacturers’ Fire & Life Safety systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service skills by consistently communicating with the office support staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete service work orders with proper inscribing through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers.
- Obtain customer signature upon completed work order assignment.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Help to train and mentor others on the service team.
- Perform other duties as allotted.
- 3+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems,
- Valid FDNY Certificate of fitness.
- Understanding in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational, product manuals.
- Proficient in usage of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Aptitude to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service through listening, conversation and work ethic.
- Sustain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, confident mental attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification
- Edwards/EST competency
Safeway Fire & Protection is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in this position, please provide your information below as well as a current resume.